Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank You Jesus

I was introduced to an inspiring blog this past weekend. It is entitled, Thank You Jesus. Written by an friend who through many trials has found much strength and hope in expressing gratitude to Jesus. As I read his reflections about the simple blessings of life received from God's gracious hands (The Bottom Line), I was reminded of the words of another follower of Jesus.

Helen Keller, who became blind & deaf at a very early age, wrote in her autobiography: "For three things I thank God every day of my life: thanks that he brought me knowledge of His works; deep thanks that He has set in my darkness the lamp of faith; deep deepest thanks that I have another life to look forward to - a life joyous with light and flowers and heavenly song." She claimed that so much had been given to her that she had no time to think about what had been denied her. O God, nurture this heavenly perspective in my heart!

No comments: