Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Josh!

Today is my son's 30th birthday. The day he was born was one of the happiest of my life. And I experience that happiness every time I am with him. There is a mutual respect and admiration between us. We talk freely about any topic, from love and leadership, to the Lord Jesus and faith, to cars and carpentry. And we are at ease to be silent and work together.

One of the greatest blessings in my life has been to watch my son grow and develop into a man; a godly man. He is becoming a man of Christlike character and faith. He loves his wife and he will be a good father.

My son has been a hero to me. At one of the lowest points in my life he opened his arms wide and welcomed us into his home; no questions, no conditions. He never criticized but he did challenge with truth and love.

I thank God for my son, Joshua Caleb.

"The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him." (Proverbs 23:24)

1 comment:

Bruce and Linda Mitton said...

You are priveledged my friend to have such a fine son. How in the world did he get to be 30 already? Blessings on both of you. Bruce