Tuesday, February 15, 2011

M2MS

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." G. K. Chesterton

My life has been enriched by feeding on the thoughts of others through their writing. I have never lacked a mentor to give me guidance or a friend to share comfort. Reading has been a source of education as well as entertainment. The more I read the more I realize there is so much I have yet to learn and discover.

Of all the books I have read, the Holy Bible has had the greatest impact on my life. Through its words I have come to know the living God and His Son, Jesus Christ. Its penetrating wisdom has peeled back the external layers of pretense I have created over the years in order that I might become a person of true character. In a culture that pursues the acquisition of stuff, the Bible has informed and molded my desires towards the things that hold true and lasting value. Although I have read through it many times, I have never been bored by its stories and have yet to exhaust the wealth of its insights. This book is alive because its Author lives through it and transforms my life. I try to read it every day and meditate upon it through each day. My sons, I encourage you to make reading an important practice in your life, moreover, the Bible the most vital.

No comments: