Monday, August 22, 2011

Psalm 121





In two months from now, when we approach the mountains I will start to get a nervous feeling in my stomach. I am usually confident driving in the mountains in the warm months, feeling assured with my skills and well maintained equipment. But when the weather turns cold, there are so many factors that I cannot control. In reality, I have no ultimate control over anything. My sovereign Lord graciously has everything in control.

I was reminded of Psalm 121 as I approached the mountains today driving through Black Diamond, AB. As the Hebrew pilgrims trekked towards Jerusalem for the festival they would sing this Song of Ascent. Jerusalem was built as a fortified city on Mount Zion. It was a safe haven for all weary travellers. However, the Hebrew pilgrim would acknowledge in this song that in truth safe is only found in the Maker of the mountains.

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Today, and everyday, I renew my commitment to trust the Lord for our safety; for everything.



Here we are parked in Fernie, BC. On the Crow's Nest Highway. We are the blue truck (Yanke), not the black Schneider National.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fernie, BC

No comments: